Hard Chrome Plating Process
Brahmani Grinding & Engineering offers a unique technology for Hard Chrome Plating of dies used in automobile industries, which in-turn provides various advantages and result oriented benefits to the customer.
The thin hard chrome layer which gets deposited on the working surface of the tool due to the HCP process has the following properties:
1.Nonstick in nature, Low Friction, Smooth Surface Finish:- These properties results in:
- a) Improved material flow in the drawing process helps in…
- i) Eliminating defects (such as wrinkling, Scoring, Splitting) on the car panel
- ii) Zero panel rework time, man power, consumable cost
- iii) Reduce panel rejection & panel rework rates
- b) Highest lubricity, hence use of lubricants reduced by 90%
- c) Shorter press operation time
2. Hardness (900 VPN/ 62 HRC), Good Wear Resistance:- These properties results in:
- a) Increased die tool life: More wear & tear on un-plated dies takes place which causes the panel quality to decline as the shape of the die changes. The die then must be repaired by welding & subsequent re-profiling. This results in the additional costs such as…
- i) Cost of skilled welding technician
- ii) Costly welding material
- iii) Cost of skilled polishing technician to reshape / re-profile the die
- iv) Cost of tryout & adjusting the profile on the die tool
- v) Cost of loss of production
- vi) Increased loss of Idle time and effort, Indirect cost of electricity & other material
- b) Die geometry is maintained at all times, even after multiple chrome plating hence panel quality remains consistent.
- c) Re-plating of the die tool possible once the thin hard chrome plating layer disappears after thousands of stampings process.
- d) Hardness of 900VPN (62 HRC) is achieved by Hard Chrome Plating process at plating temperature of around 580 C, hence virtually no heat distortion.
- e) Other competing hardening process like Flame/Laser/Induction hardening, Plasma nitriding cannot achieve hardness of more than 600 VPN, whereas HCP process achieves a hardness of 900 VPN.
- f) Hard chrome plating can be applied on basic cheaper grades of Cast Iron like GG25E instead of expensive grades of casting.
We have over 15 years of extensive experience in Hard Chrome Plating Rolls/ Dies of various sizes and base materials.
We have world class technical know-how through our 3 technical collaborations.
We can HCP upto:
- Ø1000mm X 7000 mm Length
- Ø900mm X 6000 mm Length
- Ø350mm X 6000 mm Length
- 10Tons weight capacity.
- 1,25,000 Amp Rectifier Capacity.
We can Hard Chrome Plate, Work Roll, Auto Dies, Mass Quantity Jobs, Centerless Bar Hard Chrome Plating, PQF Mandrel Bars, Dryer Cylinders, Baskets, Baffles for Chemical Industrial, Calendar for PVC, Doctor Roll, Super Calendar Rolls, Rams, Tie Bars, Metering Bar, T- Dies, Crane Booms etc.